CNC Machine Spindle Rebuild // Spindle Services
What is involved in the machine spindle rebuild?
Upon receipt of your spindle, we disassemble, inspect and quote the spindle rebuild, as follows:
1. External examination - rust, dents and contamination are recorded
2. Begin disassembly - taking notes and photos
3. Inspect components for wear or other damage
4. Inspect bearings to determine cause of failure
5. Source required purchase parts
6. Quote spindle rebuild
- When your purchase order is received, all required components (bearings, o-rings, belts, etc.) are ordered.
- Grinding and other rework is done at this point and may include hard chrome and grinding of components such as spun bearing spacers, housings and shafts. If parts are beyond repair, we can remanufacture them in-house.
- All spindle components are now cleaned, protected and transferred to our clean room facility.
- The drawbar is reconditioned if required. (Including new springs, fingers, etc.)
- Assembly in the clean room includes all critical measurements and/or adjustments. Proper lubrication is applied to the super precision bearings ensuring maximum bearing life.
- Balancing is performed (if design allows) on the shaft assembly before the final assembly.
- After final assembly, the spindle is ready for run-in.
- Run-in allows the lubrication to be properly distributed within the bearing. During run-in, heat, noise and vibration are monitored.
Disassemble and Inspect
Inspect components for wear or other damage.
Grinding and related work
If parts are beyond repair, we can remanufacture them in-house.
All spindle components are now cleaned, protected and transferred to our clean room facility.
Drawbar is reconditioned
The drawbar is reconditioned if required.
Clean Room Assembly
Assembly in the clean room includes all critical measurements and/or adjustments.
Balancing is Performed
Balancing is performed (if design allows) on the shaft assembly.
Run-in allows the lubrication to be properly distributed within the bearing.
Check for taper run-out and endplay.
AXXIOM - BRIDGEPORT - BROTHER - BROWN & SHARPE - BRYANT - BULLARD - CAMPBELL - CANTON - CARLTON - CARVER - CHEVALIER - CHINO - CHIRON - CHURCHILL - CINCINNATI - CINEX - CLEERMAN - COLCHESTER - DAEWOO - DECKEL - DOOSAN - EXCELLO - FADAL - FAEMAT - FAG - FANUC - FELLOWS - FIRST - GAMFIOR - GILDEMEISTER - GILMAN - GMN - HAAS - HAMAL - HARDINGE - HESSAPP - HITACHI - HITACHI SEIKI - HSD - HURCO - HYDROMAT - HYUNDAI - IBAG - IKEGAI - IMT - JONES & LAMSON - JOHNFORD - JONES & SHIPMAN - KESSLER - KIA - KINGSBURY - KITAGAWA - KITAKO - KITAMURA - KIWA - KURAKI - LEADWELL - MAHO - MAKINO - MATSUURA - MAZAK - MITSU-SEIKI - MITSUBISHI - MITSUI - MIYANO - MONARCH - MOORE - MORI SEIKI - MYFORD - MYL - NAKAMURA - NAKAMURA TOME - NEO - NIGATA - NSK - OKAMOTO - OKK - OKUMA - OKUMA HOWA - OVERBECK - PARKER MAJESTIC - PERSKE - POPE - PRECISE - PUMA - RENAUD - SAMSUNG - SKF - SNK - SPINTEC - STANKO - TAKUMI - TOS-HOSTIVAR - TOSHIBA - TOYO KOGYO - TOYODA - VTEC - WADKIN - WAGNER - WALTER - WASINO - WEISS - WEISSER - YANG - YASKAWAcontact sss >>
Super Precision Bearings
We have the expertise to ensure the correct bearings are installed in your spindle. We can also recommend more appropriate bearings to suit your specific needs and give you optimal spindle performance.
We only install bearings in our state of the art clean room facility to avoid contamination.
We have OEM accounts with all the major bearing manufacturers so we can offer competitive prices for all your bearing needs including ceramic.
Our suppliers include:
NSK, NTN, FAG, BARDEN, SKF, SNFA, FAFNIR, TIMKEN, GMN
Our expertise includes the following types of bearings:
- Angular contact ball bearings.
- Reduced O.D. angular contact ball bearings.
- Hybrid ceramic angular contact ball bearings.
- Straight and tapered cylindrical roller bearings.
- Angular contact thrust bearings.
- Ball screw support bearings.
- Taper roller bearings.
- Precision deep groove ball bearings.
Specialized Spindle Services
Our extensive experience covers the repair and rebuild of most makes, models and applications of CNC spindles including mill, lathe, grinder and router spindles for the metal, wood, glass, plastic granite and graphite industries. A large proportion of our workmanship is rebuilding and repairing spindles from CNC Machines.
Our trade certified staff, who's combined knowledge of bearings, drawbars and spindle configurations allows us to rebuild your spindle for optimum performance and reliability.
There are significant financial savings having Specialized Spindle Services rebuild your spindle compared to an OEM (original equipment manufacturers) rebuild. Most replacement spindles from OEM's are rebuilt from a different customer's spindle which is why they require your spindle back in lieu of a core charge.