Frequently Asked Spindle Repair Questions
- Does your service include a warranty?
Specialized Spindle Services warrants to the original purchaser that the spindle rebuild will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 1 year, from the date of sale.
Warranty is limited to parts and labour. Specialized Spindle Services reserves the right to give a full refund in lieu of warranty.
Spindles will not be covered by warranty that have been crashed, ingested coolant, lube failure or operator abuse.
- Can the spindle bearings be reused?
- No. Spindle bearings are precision parts that wear the same as any other moving part. They are also vulnerable to any type of contamination.
- Can you rebuild the spindle in my shop?
- No. The spindle bearings cannot be exposed to any kind of contaminant during the assembly. Assembly in a non-clean room environment will shorten bearing life.
- Can I continue to run a noisy spindle?
- Yes. You can run the spindle; HOWEVER, you need to know that damage to the spindle will continue. If the spindle can still rotate completely when we receive the spindle, major repair to the shaft, housing or spacers most likely won't be needed. If the spindle seizes, then more work may need to be done i.e. Grind/chrome/grind of the housing or shaft.
- How long will my machine be out of production?
- Depending on bearing availability, your machine should be up and running within 3 to 4 days. If there is internal damage, the rebuild time will increase accordingly.
- Do sealed spindle bearings last longer than regular spindle bearings?
- Seals on spindle bearings are mainly to keep the lubricating grease close to the balls to extend their life span. The seals will keep some contaminants out of the bearing but not protect it from misuse, including excessive coolant or air guns!
AXXIOM - BRIDGEPORT - BROTHER - BROWN & SHARPE - BRYANT - BULLARD - CAMPBELL - CANTON - CARLTON - CARVER - CHEVALIER - CHINO - CHIRON - CHURCHILL - CINCINNATI - CINEX - CLEERMAN - COLCHESTER - DAEWOO - DECKEL - DOOSAN - EXCELLO - FADAL - FAEMAT - FAG - FANUC - FELLOWS - FIRST - GAMFIOR - GILDEMEISTER - GILMAN - GMN - HAAS - HAMAL - HARDINGE - HESSAPP - HITACHI - HITACHI SEIKI - HSD - HURCO - HYDROMAT - HYUNDAI - IBAG - IKEGAI - IMT - JONES & LAMSON - JOHNFORD - JONES & SHIPMAN - KESSLER - KIA - KINGSBURY - KITAGAWA - KITAKO - KITAMURA - KIWA - KURAKI - LEADWELL - MAHO - MAKINO - MATSUURA - MAZAK - MITSU-SEIKI - MITSUBISHI - MITSUI - MIYANO - MONARCH - MOORE - MORI SEIKI - MYFORD - MYL - NAKAMURA - NAKAMURA TOME - NEO - NIGATA - NSK - OKAMOTO - OKK - OKUMA - OKUMA HOWA - OVERBECK - PARKER MAJESTIC - PERSKE - POPE - PRECISE - PUMA - RENAUD - SAMSUNG - SKF - SNK - SPINTEC - STANKO - TAKUMI - TOS-HOSTIVAR - TOSHIBA - TOYO KOGYO - TOYODA - VTEC - WADKIN - WAGNER - WALTER - WASINO - WEISS - WEISSER - YANG - YASKAWAcontact sss >>
Super Precision Bearings
We have the expertise to ensure the correct bearings are installed in your spindle. We can also recommend more appropriate bearings to suit your specific needs and give you optimal spindle performance.
We only install bearings in our state of the art clean room facility to avoid contamination.
We have OEM accounts with all the major bearing manufacturers so we can offer competitive prices for all your bearing needs including ceramic.
Our suppliers include:
NSK, NTN, FAG, BARDEN, SKF, SNFA, FAFNIR, TIMKEN, GMN
Our expertise includes the following types of bearings:
- Angular contact ball bearings.
- Reduced O.D. angular contact ball bearings.
- Hybrid ceramic angular contact ball bearings.
- Straight and tapered cylindrical roller bearings.
- Angular contact thrust bearings.
- Ball screw support bearings.
- Taper roller bearings.
- Precision deep groove ball bearings.
Specialized Spindle Services
Our extensive experience covers the repair and rebuild of most makes, models and applications of CNC spindles including mill, lathe, grinder and router spindles for the metal, wood, glass, plastic granite and graphite industries. A large proportion of our workmanship is rebuilding and repairing spindles from CNC Machines.
Our trade certified staff, who's combined knowledge of bearings, drawbars and spindle configurations allows us to rebuild your spindle for optimum performance and reliability.
There are significant financial savings having Specialized Spindle Services rebuild your spindle compared to an OEM (original equipment manufacturers) rebuild. Most replacement spindles from OEM's are rebuilt from a different customer's spindle which is why they require your spindle back in lieu of a core charge.